Digital Printing Studio
The Digital Printing Lab at the UC Davis Department of Design is a drop-in multimedia computer lab located in 205 Cruess Hall. The facility’s primary function is to serve as a digital design and printing space for UC Davis Department of Design students. The studio specializes in design software used in textiles and fashion, graphic design, image editing, page layout and CAD.
The studio offers digital ink jet printing, direct-to-fabric digital printing, pattern/form plotting, laser etching and cutting services, and 3D printing. Print pricing varies by printing/plotting device, material type and material size. See downloadable forms for pricing details and instructions for using our specialized equipment.
Studio hours may vary; see the current schedule below.
Design Printing Studio Equipment
- 11 Intel iMacs and 6 PowerMac G5 Workstations
- 2 Flatbed Scanners (8.5 x 14 Inches)
- 1 Flatbed Scanner (12 x 18 Inches)
- 1 Slide Scanner (3.5mm slides)
- 2 Epson Sheet Fed Ink Jet Printers (17” X 22” Max)
- 2 36” wide Epson Ink Jet Plotters
- Pattern Digitizer
- Xerox Laser Printer
- Mimaki Digital-to-Fabric Printer
- Form/Pattern Pen Plotter
- Digital Laser Cutter
- Stratasys uPrint SE+ 3D Printer
Design Printing Studio Software
- Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium 6
- Apple iWork
- Microsoft Office 2011
- Nemetschek VectorWorks 2014