What is offset lithography printing?
Rules in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 115 for controlling emissions of volatile organic compounds from offset lithographic printing. These rules are part of the State Implementation Plan strategy to meet the National Ambient Air Quality Standard for ozone.
30 TAC Chapter 115, Subchapter E, Division 4
Description of Rules
- Apply to offset lithographic printing lines with at least 3.0 tons of VOC emissions per year.
- Limit the VOC (alcohol) content of fountain solutions and allow sources to choose from multiple compliance options.
- Limit the VOC content of solutions used to clean printing press equipment.
- Require testing to determine the VOC content of fountain and cleaning solutions.
- Require monitoring printing equipment during operation and maintaining appropriate records.
The Chapter 115 rule history for offset lithographic printing discusses revisions to the rules, including their proposal and adoption, the associated State Implementation Plan revision, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approval.